Monday, May 12, 2014

Answer ME this link up


Doing another link up with  Kendra from Catholic All Year

1. What's for dinner?
Trying these out for the first time, I'll let you know how they turn out! We are trying to do one meat-less night(with the hope of 2 eventually) and I'm trying out some new recipes!



2. What's the last thing you borrowed from someone?
Racks to hang clothes on for our garage sale-they came in handy too!

3. What is your favorite prayer?

The Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

We used this prayer to go on the back of our son's funeral card and I've been attached to it ever since. I love the part where it says "we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears." Its like a desperate plea to our Mother to send down some help! Love it!

4. What is the oldest thing in your house?
I come from a family where not much is handed down. My mother is good with "out with the old, in with the new," which means not many hand me downs. I think the oldest thing might be a ring from my grandmother....

5. What's the best concert you ever attended?

Jewel. I saw her in concert in Dubuque, IA in 2009. She was awesome. The whole concert felt intimate and like we were her only guests. She was very real and told lots of great stories behind her songs. I've wanted to go see her again ever since.

6. Do you have a nickname?
Ry-Bread? Not really, mostly people call me Ry but that typically is just close friends.

And that's all! Click back to http://www.catholicallyear.com to see the other link ups!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment